Subaru Repair in Grants Pass, OR
A Brief History of Subaru
With its vast number of models on the market today, it’s no surprise that plenty of Grants Pass, Kerby, Rogue River, Glendale, and Selma residents drive a Subaru. Subaru started as Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., an aircraft manufacturing, sales and maintenance company. In 1954, the first Subaru car, the Subaru 1500, was released. The car provided driving stability and rider comfort. On March 3, 1958, the Subaru 360 was released, and became a milestone in Japanese history. Subaru set out to create a car that was compact, affordable, and well-performing, and achieved this goal. The Subaru 360 was one of the most popular cars in Japan and was in production until 1970.
In 1961, Subaru released the Sambar, a minitruck that had plenty of cargo room and a low deck body. The Sambar was mostly used in the industrial world, but was also available to the public. Later that year, the Sambar Light Van was made for the public and commercial use. These cars put Subaru on the map as a manufacturer of light passenger vehicles. In 1966, the “Subaru Building” was completed in Shinjuku and became the Subaru headquarters. The Subaru 1000 was released in May 1966. The car offered driving stability and a comfortable interior, as well as the latest automotive technology. In 1969, the Subaru R-2 was released as a replacement for the Subaru 360. The R-2 was the perfect offering for the highway era Japan was entering, and expanded the meaning of what a minisedan could do. The Subaru Leone made its debut in 1971, which was highly praised nationally and internationally for its unique design. In 1972, The Subaru Rex was released as the successor to the Subaru R-2.
Whether your Subaru needs brake repair, transmission repair, cooling system repair, or something else, we at STAR Automotive in Josephine County can take care of your vehicle, bumper to bumper. Today’s Subaru models include:
- Subaru BRZ: The Subaru BRZ is a sports car that was made in collaboration with Toyota. The car is equally fun and practical, and has impressive handling as well. The BRZ was Top Gear magazine’s Car of the Year in 2012 and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s Top Safety Pick in 2012.
- Subaru Impreza: Subaru’s entry-level vehicle that comes in both sedan and hatchback options. At the American MotorWeek Driver’s Choice Awards, the Impreza won Best Sport Sedan in 2002 and Best Performance Car in 2004. In 2010, the Impreza won the AMI Insurance performance car of the year award. When your Impreza needs servicing, be sure to bring it to STAR Automotive in Grants Pass.
- Subaru Crosstrek: The Subaru Crosstrek is a compact crossover that was released in 2012. The Crosstrek can be described as a more off-road suited version of the Impreza. Although the Crosstrek is large, it drives like a regular-size sedan and comes in standard and plug-in hybrid versions.
- Subaru WRX: The WRX is Subaru’s most iconic vehicle. It’s a powerful car that is affordable and quick. It is a sport sedan that features a 268-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter boxer four-cylinder engine, quick-ratio steering, a sport-tuned suspension, switchable traction control system and active torque vectoring. As powerful as the Subaru WRX is, it may eventually need wheel alignment, which we can take care of for you.
- Subaru Forester: The Subaru Forester is a small SUV that is one of the best-selling Subarus in the United States. The SUV is loved by families and more adventurous drivers alike. The Forester was the winner of Wheels Gold star cars award for best compact SUV in 2008, Motor Trend magazine’s SUV of the Year Award in 2014, Best Small Utility in MotorWeek’s 2009 Driver’s Choice Awards, and more.
Your Trusted Shop for Subaru Repair
Ninety-seven percent of Subaru vehicles sold in the last ten years are still on the road today. That’s thanks to Subaru owners bringing their cars in for maintenance regularly, with auto repair services. Bringing your Subaru in for maintenance not only saves you money in the long run, but also reduces your vehicle’s carbon footprint and keeps your vehicle in its best condition. Every vehicle has a maintenance schedule that can be found in the car’s manual, and some vehicles’ computer systems will warn you when it’s time to bring it in for maintenance.
When the time comes to bring your Subaru in for repairs, Grants Pass residents can come to STAR Automotive. We specialize in Subaru repair and can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. A team of highly trained mechanics working alongside our owner Jim Lefeber, we at STAR Automotive are up to date on the latest automotive technology and will deliver high-quality service, every time. We’ve been repairing Subarus since 1975 and offer services in vehicle alignment, steering and suspension, and more. If you are in the 97526 area or nearby, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today! You can schedule an appointment online at https://stargp.com/contact/ or give us a call at 541-579-2012.
James A. Lefeber (Jim) Joined: 11/1990
David McKenzie - Joined: 1983
Edward Armstrong - Joined: 08/2002
Travis Natho - Joined: 05/2009
Reasons to Choose STAR Automotive
Friendly, Professional Service
24 Hour Vehicle Drop Off
Free Loaner Cars
Comfortable Waiting Area
Convenient Downtown Location
Free Local Shuttle to Work, School, Home, Shopping
Rental Car Discounts Available through Enterprise
Vehicle Pick-up & Drop-off
A Few Words from Our Customers
"Great job guys! I brought my 1994 Impala SS in to have new bearings put in the rear end they did a fantastic job in good time for an honest price. I will be using them now for many projects that I have as well as others. Thanks again, great job."
"Ed, Dave, Travis and the rest of the team at Star Automotive were great! They quickly diagnosed the problem, a blown radiator hose, fixed it and had me back on the road the same day. I appreciated their honesty as well. I would definitely recommend and return back to this shop if I need service for my automobile. Thanks again for the great job. "
" From my first phone contact, all the way through the job, everyone was very friendly, professional, and thorough. The job seems to have been done satisfactorily. The price was a bit higher than what another local shop estimated, but you can't beat the quality service from STAR. Definitely recommend! :)"