Driveability Concerns in Grants Pass, OR
Driveability Concerns in Grants Pass, Oregon, 97526
The term “driveability” means what you would expect it to – it is a word used to describe how your vehicle is able to drive. If your vehicle will not start when you turn the key in the ignition, it cannot drive at all, but driveability also includes all issues that can arise from a poorly performing engine, transmission or ignition system, or something else. The best way to diagnose driveability problems is to inspect the vehicle as a whole to locate the source of the issue. If you are in Grants Pass, Rogue River, Cave Junction, Sunny Valley, Wolf Creek or nearby, and are experiencing one or more of the following signs, you can bring your car to STAR Automotive in Josephine County:
- Your vehicle does not turn over when the key is turned (known as: no-crank condition).
- Your vehicle turns over but does not start (known as: crank no-start condition).
- Your vehicle shuts off or dies when coming to a stop (known as: dying on acceleration problem).
- Your vehicle dies or hesitates on acceleration (known as: hesitation/dying on acceleration problem).
- Your vehicle loses power when driving on hills (known as: lack of power on acceleration problem).
In addition to troubles with your engine or ignition, other factors can also impact your vehicle’s driveability. These signs are universal, whether you drive a Ford, Toyota, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, or something else. These include:
- Worn out tires.
If you are experiencing a rough ride when driving your vehicle, it is probably because your tires are worn out and it may be time to get new ones.
- Screeching brakes.
The first sign that your brakes need to be replaced is if they screech when applied.
- A lit check engine light.
Your check engine light turning on could mean a multitude of things, but it always means that you should bring your vehicle into STAR Automotive as soon as possible. We can perform several services on your vehicle, such as preventative maintenance and wheel alignment.
Your Trusted Shop for Driveability Concerns
We at STAR Automotive in Grants Pass are experts in all things auto repair. We’ve been fixing cars since 1975 and our owner Jim Lefeber and technicians have decades of combined experience. Here are some reasons you should choose STAR Automotive in Grants Pass:
- We have 24 hour vehicle drop off if you’d like to drop off your vehicle outside of business hours.
- We have a comfortable waiting area with free Wi-Fi.
- We have a review score of 99.99 based on reviews from 213 satisfied customers.
- All our services come with a nationwide warranty.
- We offer a free local shuttle so you can go to school, work, or go shopping while your vehicle is in our shop.
- We offer free loaner cars and have rental car discounts available through Enterprise.
To schedule an appointment with STAR Automotive in Grants Pass, give us a call at 541-579-2012 or schedule an appointment online at https://stargp.com/contact/.
James A. Lefeber (Jim) Joined: 11/1990
David McKenzie - Joined: 1983
Edward Armstrong - Joined: 08/2002
Travis Natho - Joined: 05/2009
Reasons to Choose STAR Automotive
Friendly, Professional Service
24 Hour Vehicle Drop Off
Free Loaner Cars
Comfortable Waiting Area
Convenient Downtown Location
Free Local Shuttle to Work, School, Home, Shopping
Rental Car Discounts Available through Enterprise
Vehicle Pick-up & Drop-off
A Few Words from Our Customers
"Great job guys! I brought my 1994 Impala SS in to have new bearings put in the rear end they did a fantastic job in good time for an honest price. I will be using them now for many projects that I have as well as others. Thanks again, great job."
"Ed, Dave, Travis and the rest of the team at Star Automotive were great! They quickly diagnosed the problem, a blown radiator hose, fixed it and had me back on the road the same day. I appreciated their honesty as well. I would definitely recommend and return back to this shop if I need service for my automobile. Thanks again for the great job. "
" From my first phone contact, all the way through the job, everyone was very friendly, professional, and thorough. The job seems to have been done satisfactorily. The price was a bit higher than what another local shop estimated, but you can't beat the quality service from STAR. Definitely recommend! :)"