Mazda Repair in Grants Pass, OR
A Brief History of Mazda
It is not uncommon to see Mazda vehicles on the roads of Grants Pass, Cave Junction, Wilderville, Sunny Valley, and Selma. Mazda started as the Toyo Cork Kogyo Co. Ltd., founded in Hiroshima, Japan on January 30, 1920. During World War II, Toyo Kogyo produced weapons for Japan. Following the war, in the 1960s, Mazda put a major engineering effort into their Wankel rotary engine to differentiate themselves from other Japanese auto companies. By 1967, Mazda was the only company making Wankel rotary engines. In 1968, Mazda started operations in Canada and formally entered the American market in 1970. Mazda was very successful in the United States, and the Mazda Rotary Pickup was created just for the North American market. To this day, Mazda remains the only automaker to have produced a Wankel-powered pickup truck.
During the 1973 oil crisis, however, Americans turned to more fuel-efficient cars, and Mazda suffered a huge loss. Mazda had not entirely given up on producing piston engines, and produced two vehicle lines with these engines, which helped the company. The smaller Familia line in particular became very important to Mazda’s worldwide sales after 1973, as did the somewhat larger Capella series. Mazda refocused its efforts once more and made the rotary engine a choice for a sporting motorist. From 1974 to 2015, Mazda had a partnership with Ford Motor Company, which acquired a 24.5% stake in 1979, upped to a 33.4% ownership in May 1995. The partnership with Ford began because of Mazda’s financial hardships in the 1960s. During the 1980s, Ford-badged Mazda products replaced much of their own European-sourced lineup, especially in the Asia-Pacific markets, with the Laser replacing the Escort and the Telstar replacing the Cortina.
We at STAR Automotive in Josephine County have been repairing Mazdas since 1975 and are experts on all Mazda models. Some of today’s Mazda models include:
- Mazda MX-5 Miata: This lightweight two-person roadster has become the best-selling convertible sports car of all time. The MX-5 Miata debuted in 1989 at the Chicago Auto Show and is currently in its fourth generation. The car has won the Edmunds.com 2019 Editor’s Choice Awards: Best Sports Car, World Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year at the World Car of the Year Awards in 2016, MotorWeek Drivers’ Choice Awards Best Convertible 2018, and many more awards. If your MX-5 Miata needs oil changes or brake repair, do not hesitate to bring it to STAR Automotive in Grants Pass, Oregon, 97526.
- Mazda3: The Mazda3 is a four-door sedan that is also available as a hatchback. It is one of the nicest cars in its class, standing out from its competition. The Mazda3 also promises a smooth, energizing ride.
- Mazda6: This sedan adds adventure to the everyday drive. The Mazda6 comes with an advanced chiseled body that resembles a luxury vehicle. The car has won many awards, including Car and Driver’s magazine’s Ten Best List for 2003, Best Mid-Size Car in Australia’s Best Cars in 2002 and 2003, and “Best Family Sedan” in MotorWeek’s 2009 Driver’s Choice Awards. We know you want the best services for your Mazda6, and we at STAR Automotive can provide this for you. Our specialties include preventative maintenance and transmission repair.
- Mazda CX-3: The Mazda CX-3 has the style and space of the SUV without the added bulk. The car comes with modern tech and clean lines as well as a driver-focused cabin that is catered to the busy driver. The Mazda CX-3 was the 2018 Best City SUV, Drive Car of the Year Australia, 2016 Automobile Journalists Association of Canada Canadian Green Utility Vehicle of the Year, 2016 Car of the Year Thailand, and more.
- Mazda CX-5: This crossover has enough space for five passengers to fit comfortably. It has a sharp-looking attractive design with a lavish interior. The Mazda CX-5 was a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety in 2016, the Car of the Year in Japan in 2012, and was one of five finalists for the 2013 Green Car of the Year Award.
Your Reliable Auto Repair Shop for Mazda Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your Mazda to STAR Automotive. Proudly serving residents of Grants Pass and surrounding areas since 1975, our owner Jim Lefeber makes sure their knowledgeable technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At STAR Automotive, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here’s why you should choose STAR Automotive in Grants Pass:
- Our shop is at a convenient downtown location.
- We offer a free local shuttle so you can go to school, work, or go shopping while your vehicle is in our shop.
- We have a comfortable waiting area with free Wi-Fi.
- We have a review score of 99.99 based on reviews from 213 satisfied customers.
If you are in or nearby Grants Pass, feel free to give us a call at 541-579-2012 or go to https://stargp.com/contact/ to schedule an appointment at STAR Automotive today!
James A. Lefeber (Jim) Joined: 11/1990
David McKenzie - Joined: 1983
Edward Armstrong - Joined: 08/2002
Travis Natho - Joined: 05/2009
Reasons to Choose STAR Automotive
Friendly, Professional Service
24 Hour Vehicle Drop Off
Free Loaner Cars
Comfortable Waiting Area
Convenient Downtown Location
Free Local Shuttle to Work, School, Home, Shopping
Rental Car Discounts Available through Enterprise
Vehicle Pick-up & Drop-off
A Few Words from Our Customers
"Great job guys! I brought my 1994 Impala SS in to have new bearings put in the rear end they did a fantastic job in good time for an honest price. I will be using them now for many projects that I have as well as others. Thanks again, great job."
"Ed, Dave, Travis and the rest of the team at Star Automotive were great! They quickly diagnosed the problem, a blown radiator hose, fixed it and had me back on the road the same day. I appreciated their honesty as well. I would definitely recommend and return back to this shop if I need service for my automobile. Thanks again for the great job. "
" From my first phone contact, all the way through the job, everyone was very friendly, professional, and thorough. The job seems to have been done satisfactorily. The price was a bit higher than what another local shop estimated, but you can't beat the quality service from STAR. Definitely recommend! :)"