Fiat Repair in Grants Pass, OR
A Brief History of Fiat
If you live in Grants Pass, Cave Junction, Glendale, Selma or Rouge River, you have definitely seen a couple of Fiat cars on the road. The first Fiat (Fabbrica Italiana di Automobili Torino) plant opened in Italy in 1900 with 35 staff members making 24 cars. By 1903, Fiat had some success, making some profit and producing 135 cars. Fiat also produced its first truck that year. In 1906, production grew to 1,149 cars. The company then went public at the Milan Stock Exchange. In 1908, the first Fiat was exported to the United States and Fiat produced its first aircraft engine. Fiat taxis also became popular around Europe, and by 1910, Fiat was the largest automotive company in Italy. That same year, a Fiat plant was built in Poughkeepsie, New York, by the newly founded American Fiat Automobile Company. Owning a Fiat was a sign of distinction; the price of a Fiat in the United States was $6,400 in 1918, compared to the $525 it would take to own a Ford Model T. After World War I, Fiat produced its first tractor, the 702. Fiat had an 80% market share in Italy by the 1920s.
In 1922, Fiat began building the Lingotto car factory (which was the largest car factory in Europe at the time) which was completed in 1923. The factory was the first in Italy to use assembly lines. By 1925, Fiat owned 85% of the car market share in Italy. Giovanni Agnelli led the company until his death in 1945.
Today, Fiat continues producing and selling cars around the world, with their main focus being the European market, especially Italy. In January 2009, Fiat acquired a 20% stake in Chrysler LLC, which saw the return of the Fiat brand to the United States after a 25 year absence. We at STAR Automotive in Josephine County are very familiar with all Fiat models. Today’s lineup of Fiat vehicles include:
- Fiat 500: The Fiat 500 is a two-door, four-passenger city car that is available as a hatchback coupe and a fixed-profile convertible. The Fiat 500 has won many awards, including European Car of the Year for 2008, The World’s Most Beautiful Automobile, Top Gear’s Best City Car in 2007, and World Car Design of the Year in 2009. When your Fiat 500 needs transmission repair, preventative maintenance, or anything else, don’t hesitate to bring it to STAR Automotive in Grants Pass, Oregon, 97526.
- Fiat Panda: A five passenger city car that is currently in its third generation. In its 37 years, 7.5 million Fiat Pandas have been produced. The third generation of the Fiat Panda was revealed in 2011 at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September. The Panda 4x4 was Top Gear Magazine’s SUV of the Year in 2012 and was Swiss Car of the Year in 2013. If your Fiat Panda needs cooling system service or just an oil change, you can bring it to our skilled technicians.
- Fiat Ducato: A light commercial vehicle that has been in production since 1981. When the time comes to bring in your Ducato for transmission repair or anything else, we at STAR Automotive can fix it right up for you.
Your Trusted Shop for Fiat Repair
When your Fiat needs repairs, you can bring your car to STAR Automotive in Grants Pass. Our owner Jim Lefeber makes sure their knowledgeable technicians receive ongoing training in automotive technology and auto repair services, and will offer you dealer quality knowledge and experience without dealership pricing. Your car will go through an inspection and safety check, and all needed repairs will be thoroughly explained for your approval. We will never recommend repairs that aren’t absolutely necessary. So why not give us a try? Here’s more reasons why you can count on us:
- We offer free loaner cars and have rental car discounts available through Enterprise.
- Our shop is at a convenient downtown location.
- We have a review score of 99.99 based on reviews from 213 satisfied customers.
- We have 24 hour vehicle drop off if you’d like to drop off your vehicle outside of business hours.
- All our services come with a nationwide warranty.
- We have a comfortable waiting area with free Wi-Fi.
If you are in Grants Pass or surrounding areas, schedule an appointment at STAR Automotive today! You can schedule an appointment with us online at https://stargp.com/contact/ or give us a call at 541-579-2012.
James A. Lefeber (Jim) Joined: 11/1990
David McKenzie - Joined: 1983
Edward Armstrong - Joined: 08/2002
Travis Natho - Joined: 05/2009
Reasons to Choose STAR Automotive
Friendly, Professional Service
24 Hour Vehicle Drop Off
Free Loaner Cars
Comfortable Waiting Area
Convenient Downtown Location
Free Local Shuttle to Work, School, Home, Shopping
Rental Car Discounts Available through Enterprise
Vehicle Pick-up & Drop-off
A Few Words from Our Customers
"Great job guys! I brought my 1994 Impala SS in to have new bearings put in the rear end they did a fantastic job in good time for an honest price. I will be using them now for many projects that I have as well as others. Thanks again, great job."
"Ed, Dave, Travis and the rest of the team at Star Automotive were great! They quickly diagnosed the problem, a blown radiator hose, fixed it and had me back on the road the same day. I appreciated their honesty as well. I would definitely recommend and return back to this shop if I need service for my automobile. Thanks again for the great job. "
" From my first phone contact, all the way through the job, everyone was very friendly, professional, and thorough. The job seems to have been done satisfactorily. The price was a bit higher than what another local shop estimated, but you can't beat the quality service from STAR. Definitely recommend! :)"